Leading graduate recruiters such as ABF, Allianz, New Look, Bristows and IBM recently discussed the presentations made by Abi Sharma, Head of Careers at Queen Mary University London and Joao Araujo, UK Manager for Universum leading to some very revealing insights at the latest invite-only GRN: LIVE event in London. Here are five tips we wanted to pass on that can make a difference to graduate recruitment at (ABPI) Association British Pharmaceutical Industry in 2016.
1. Role Modelling. Have you profiled one of your current graduates in your recruitment campaigns? It is proven to be the major influence on prospective candidates applying to work for you.
2. A Single Life. More singular activity among 18-22 year olds shown in sport choice, shopping habits and increased divorces according to a survey of 1.5m students globally by Universum.
3. Work Environment. Overtaking industry sector, company brand and the role itself the actual work environment and culture is the top priority for graduate job seekers.
4. Are You Being Stalked? Students follow your company’s social media. 79% LinkedIn, 62% Instagram, 60% Facebook and 22% YouTube. There is no hiding!
5. Need to Convince Your CEO? According to the PWC Annual Global CEO Survey, 73% of CEOs have a “pressing need for talent”. Up from 46% in 2009. Enough said.