Leading graduate recruiters such as UBS, Cap Gemini, Fujitsu and the Department of Education recently discussed the findings from a student survey of 40,000 students at the latest invite-only Graduate Recruiters Network: Live event in London. The first half included a presentation by GRB Non-Executive Director, Carl Gilleard OBE, with his quarterly commentary on current issues in graduate recruitment followed by a presentation on Universum’s Global Survey by Joao Araujo. Here are five tips we wanted to pass on that can make a difference to graduate recruitment in 2015.
1. SME recruitment. 10% of graduates wish to join start-ups or start their own business. How can your business promote its entrepreneurial values to attract bright students?
2. Blogs. Least used student recruitment channel. Only 10% of students searched out recruiter blogs. Do blogs work for you to reach students?
3. Armed Forces. The biggest climber (by 20 places) in the “ideal employer” rankings among students. More students seeking to do careers with purpose?
4. RoboHR. Virtual HR agent ‘Amelia’ able to perform interviews and test to identify candidates’ cognitive skills. Works 24/7 in multiple languages! How can you automate your recruitment processes?
5. A Levels. PwC leading revolt against A levels. No longer using A levels to select young people for jobs. Is this qualification important for your business?